7/16/2010

Blogroll Retrospective: Melinda June...

Last post: December 2, 2009

Melinda June of "The Special People Club" is another find from the Lulu/Coaster Punchman wing of my blogroll. In fact, if memory serves, it was Melinda June who officiated at the marriage of CP and Poor George. When I first started reading, Mindy June was living in England. In addition to her adventures as an ex-pat, she often wrote about her Midwestern upbringing, one that had a lot of parallels to my own. Her blog has the requisite irreverence I look for. It's been a long time since her last post and I hope she's not done for good.

4 comments:

Dale said...

I was lucky enough to meet Melinda June on her former turf in London and her good friend Coaster Punchman officiated by being there too, it was quite a thrill. She was funny and as brilliant as she seems in her writing.

Mnmom said...

MJ is still around. Her Mom died recently and unemployment still lurks. She's a hometown buddy of my younger sister's

Cup said...

I think of Melinda June as ruling the cool kids' table in the lunchroom. I don't think I've made it to her table yet.

Joe said...

I feel terrible that we have not yet met Melinda June in person. I owe everything as a blogger to her, literally. She was the first person to link to Sprawling Ramshackle Compound when I first started blogging in summer of aught-six, and it was through her that I "met" the rest of you wonderful folks.