7/15/2010

Blogroll Retrospective: BUBS...

Last post: April 5, 2010

I'm not sure why I put Bub's of "Sprawling Ramshackle Compound" in ALL CAPS on my roll. Probably because I was so jazzed about adding another Chicago-area blogger. I think Bubs was part of the whole Lulu/Johnny Yen wing of the blogosphere when I discovered him. I've since met he and his wife, MizBubs, on several occasions and they are extremely kind-hearted and fun. I think most of Bub's blogging time is now devoted to his "Arresting Tales" blog (he's a police detective). I certainly hope our paths cross again in the future, just so long as it's not because I'm in trouble with the law.

8 comments:

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

A fine writer and a great guy. I got to meet him and his lovely wife at the tiki bar in Chicago. What a treat!

Dale said...

I'd love to meet Bubs and kin sometime. His blog's always been a lot of fun to read.

Coaster Punchman said...

Bubs rocks.

SkylersDad said...

If you haven't yet caught one of Joe the Cops interviews on the radio, you are missing out!

Some Guy said...

S.D.: I agree. I've heard a couple of them.

GETkristiLOVE said...

The best thing about Bubs is his cocktails.

Cup said...

I've caught a few of Bubs' online Joe the Cops as well; they're always interesting and entertaining. I hope and dream that one day I'll be able to share a beer with the Bubs clan.

Joe said...

Y'all have truly made this morning wonderful for me with this. Chris, this is a wonderful thing you're doing.