7/13/2010

Blogroll Retrospective: Johnny Yen...


Last post: April 23,2010

I don't often have the attention span for blogs with long posts, but I make an exception when the writing is good. That is the case with Johnny Yen of "Here Comes Johnny Yen Again...". I think I either discovered him through Grant of Lulu, who had known him in Chicago. JY does some outstanding political writing and great stuff about Chicago - the city I grew up in and around. Like me, he's a long-suffering Cub fan. He's another one I was lucky to meet while in Chicago for Lulu's going-away party. He's been busy with nursing school so his posting is sporadic, but I see him pop up on Facebook every now and then.

6 comments:

Dale said...

Nobody writes like Johnny Yen. I'm the same way with posts that are overly long (notice most of mine clock in at about 9 words?) but his demand that you settle back and roll with him, just an excellent all 'round fellow.

SkylersDad said...

Couldn't agree more gents!

Coaster Punchman said...

Johnny is a good guy. Enjoy his blog, and got to meet him twice.

GETkristiLOVE said...

When I met Johnny Yen in person, he's very much like his blog - very easy to talk to, humble, and passionate about Chicago and his family. I love his posts.

Cup said...

Johnny Yen is a great writer and has a most excellent taste in music -- but what I love most about his blogs is how he writes about the people in his life. He loves his friends fully and completely, and they in turn love him. Seems to be a great man; I hope to meet him one day.

Johnny Yen said...

Wow-- Some Guy, SD, CP, Kristi and Beth-- I finally got around to reading this and your kind comments-- I am humbled to have praise from people whose blogs I've enjoyed so much. Thank you!