7/11/2010

Blogroll Retrospective: Land-O-Lulu...

Last post: Not available.

Well, this is a sad discovery to make. I guess I didn't realize Lulu's blog had gone private. Lulu gets credit as matchmaker for Megan and I. She was another Grant connection and I liked being able to add another Chicagoan to my roll. Megan and I met her in person for the first time while spending our first Christmas together in Chicago. She and Megan had been blog-chums before we met. They were both high school teachers at the time. Lulu (Lauren) has been teaching in Bangladesh for the past few years and often posts exotic pictures on Facebook. I'm not sure if her blogging days are over or if I need to get an invite to her now invite-only blog. Either way, she's another blogger whose posts I miss.

6 comments:

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Lulu is quite a lady...fascinating posts and I admire her a lot for going to India.

Dale said...

She loves an adventure that girl! And some glug!

Coaster Punchman said...

What can I say about the gal who introduced me both to Stephen McCauley AND Robertson Davies? And who I used to get shit-faced stoned in college? She is one rockin' chick- and the blog is not private - she took it down because one of her students discovered it. Not good.

GETkristiLOVE said...

She loved bacon and martinis way before she loved adventure.

Cup said...

Lulu is the coolest, isn't she? I love watching her life on Facebook; she's quite the adventurer.

lulu said...

CP is correct. I had a student tell me that several of them had discovered my blog and that there were some comments about my boobie-thon pics, and in a moment of panic, I made the blog invite only, although I don't think I've written anything at all in 2010. I am trying to figure out what to do, if I want to go back and edit it, or if I want to start a new blog, perhaps one that is less easy to find, or else one that does not contain somewhat naked pictures of my breasts.

Thanks for the sweet comments. I expect an invite to that wedding, assuming of course that I am in the country!

(my verification word is "retch")