7/10/2010

Blogroll Retrospective: Grant Miller...

Last post: July 8, 2010

Grant Miller Media (or The Official Site Of Grant Miller to we old-timers) is a giant in the blogging world. Few are as prolific. He has been steadily putting out hilarious stuff on pretty much a daily basis for longer than I've been blogging. Grant and I went to grade school together and hung out all through high school. We reconnected through MySpace of all places in 2006 and he told me about his blog. Soon after, I started this one. Grant helped introduce me to a lot of cool people by letting me guest-post while he was on vacation. I've seen him since at various Chicago-area blogger meet-ups. A genuinely cool, funny guy, as I'm sure those of you who have met him will agree.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. Who would you say is the absolute coolest person you met as a result of your guest post stint on GMM?

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Grant Miller Media is an absolute nexus of blogger friendships. I found your blog when you guest hosted his. I was hoping to guest host myself, but I would have to say you did a bang-up job!

Cora said...

And he's easy on the eyes. Verrrrrrry easy.

;-)

Tenacious S said...

Chris, because you have a vague resemblance to my brother when he was in his bearded phase, I discovered that Grant actually was my brother's neighbor. One of the oddest coincidences of my life.

Coaster Punchman said...

Grant does rock. Met him same night I met you, but knew him in blogland when blogs were all the rage. Hooked me right away and then it was priceless when his nemesis Echo came on the scene and started a blog war with him.

Dale said...

I met Beth from Cup of Coffey through Grant and a few other people. He's spot on hilarious. Some of the time. Go Grant Miller!

GETkristiLOVE said...

Never heard of him, or his blog. I'll try and check it out some time.

Cup said...

Grant and I met when we were the only non-family readers of My Life Is Exactly Like Dubya's (or something to that effect). Through his comment boxes, I found so many more wonderful writers. Does that make Grant our master? Grant is smart enough to post blog links on Facebook, so his is one of the few I still remember to read. My office mates are still giggling over the horrors his house faced during the recent Chicago earthquake.

p.s. He likes R.E.M., so I like Grant.