6/15/2006

Too Much TV...

I watch a lot of goddamn TV. I always have. I watch as many good shows as I watch shit. My latest adventure has been working my way through every season of The Sopranos. My friend has the first five seasons on DVD and loaned me the first four. It took me about a week and a half to finish those - 52 hours worth. I have just gotten the first two discs of season five from Netflix and am pleased with how it starts out. See, I never had HBO and missed the entire run. I must say that all the hype about this show is true. This is probably the best dramatic television out there, bar none. I have heard from people that certain seasons aren't as good as others, but for me it has been one continuous season and I haven't noticed any sort of difference in quality. The depth of the characters, the casting, the performances, and amazing writing make this show great. There are so many little nuggets in each episode to savor. It will be a show that I will actually miss once it's gone, like Seinfeld. Speaking of Seinfeld, I noticed some crossover. I immediately recognized the actor who plays Mel, Uncle Junior's lawyer, from an episode of Seinfeld. It's the one where George parks in the handicapped spot at the mall. He and Kramer have to buy a wheelchair for someone. The guy selling wheelchairs is kind of a used car salesman-type. That's him. Richard Portnow. He's been in a shitload of stuff.

1 comment:

Moderator said...

Now that I see the picture of the guy, it makes sense. This most recent season was mildly disappointing only because it wasn't across-the-boards great, I thought. But still have to watch it to see how it turns out.