12/09/2008

I Guess I Might As Well...

I've noticed a lot of campaigning on other people's blogs for this year's Drysdale Awards. Normally I'd say that it's an honor just to be nominated, but since I nominated myself in every category, the honor is somewhat diminished.

Here's the thing: I know a lot of you have already voted. Now it's time to have a little fun! If you'll notice, unlike other votes you may have cast in your life, this one can be changed! So what I'm asking you all to do is go over and change your vote temporarily (or vote for me if you haven't already), then right before the deadline, change your vote back to whoever you really want to win. It will freak out the current front-runners and this panic will result in much more interesting posts from them. Everybody wins!

What I'm banking on is that a lot of you will be too drunk or too busy masturbating (the two activities I assume you're all engaged in while not blogging) to remember to change your votes back, thus allowing me to walk away with an armful of trophies. What's that? You need an incentive? Well, I was going to post a video of some maggot-infested turds from our cat that recently had a tapeworm. Do what I ask and I'll spare you. I'll be checking the polls every two minutes to keep track of the progress. Come on, team! Together we can do this! Here's the LINK again.

16 comments:

paperback reader said...

Your assessment of how I spend my time is eerily uncanny.

McGone said...

I'll get to it just as soon as I clean up and take a nap.

ÄsK AliCë said...

I'm disturbed by the very thought of maggots. I'm going to vote now.

Miss Alex said...

IT's a tough call... i like you and zibbs

Red said...

The Least Influential Political Blogger award is mine! Mine, I tell you!!!

Jennifer and Sandi said...

So if I voted for you & and Doc. in the first round I have to go back and change it, then back to you again? I have to go sit down as I'm dizzy!

*Tink*

Happy Tuesday
- Jennifer

pretty said...

The good thing is: I discovered your news VIA the awards...

BeckEye said...

Look at you, trying to appeal to the drunk, masturbating voters. You know Pistols always wins with that demographic.

WendyB said...

I feel like you've been looking through my windows. How else would you know what I do in my spare time?

Anonymous said...

I like how you run your campaign sir.

Cora said...

Deal!

Drinking and masterbating will have to wait though, I'm still at work.

Oh what the hell.

Some Guy said...

Welcome WendyB! I've been doing this blogging thing for a while. I know the common characteristics.

Micgar said...

Oh! Ahhhh! Yeah!! Arrrgggh! Uhhhh!Oh shit that was great! Huh? Now,what were you saying?

. said...

Yes we can!

Cora said...

Okay, just voted.

(Raf, that's hilarious! :-))

Jon said...

You make a compelling argument. Consider it done.*

*The "getting drunk and masturbating" part anyway.