1/11/2007

All I Can Say Is Wow...

I never thought he could do it. I was about as dead-set against any sort troop escalation as anyone could be. After last night's landmark speech, however, I see the error of my ways.

He was so "on" last night. He had the charisma of Kennedy, the gravitas of Patton, and the foresight of, um, Grover Cleveland? He made his point cogently and passionately. He asserted that failure in Iraq is not an option. Amazing! I never really thought about that. As far as I'm concerned, any credibility he'd lost these past few years was recaptured last night.

So, I am no longer in the ranks of the freedom-hating. These colors don't run. Love it or leave it. Live free or die. Baghdad, ho! Let's roll!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The LURKER says-
I read the Quadrennial Defense Review last night. It basically states that to put down a gurella led insurgency in a high density neighborhood the ideal ratio is 1:50. 1 troop to 50 civilians. Even with the extra troops they are not going to be even close to that ratio. More grist for the mill, what a shame.

dirty said...

I didn't watch this last night...

You could've guess that though.

My husband has panic attacks just thinking about more troops being sent over so we avoided that speech last night and played Monopoly instead.

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Dude, you are so high.

Jenna said...

It chills my spine to think that this jackass is in charge. Man can hardly read! How do we put people who can't read in charge of our country?!

I really should have just moved to Canada.

lulu said...

You've been drinking again, haven't you?

Slinger said...

Yeah it is really sad that our leader is a horrible, HORRIBLE public speaker who can't read the teleprompter correctly.

My 3 yr old talks better than him.