12/20/2006

Something I Wonder...

Do you think that all of us perceive colors the same way? I mean, what if what I consider to be blue is red to someone else. Or maybe other people see colors that I cannot even comprehend. After all, it's all relative.

When you're young, someone tells you the sky is blue and the grass is green. You say, "Sure, whatever", and continue to suck down the remainder of your Fla-Vor-Ice, then roll up the plastic packaging and blow, like one of those party favors, not considering that everyone's perception of color could be vastly different. I mean, everyone's physiology differs, right? What's to say that subtle differences in people's rod and cones could result in something like this? Just something to think about.

11 comments:

Cup said...

Oh, my; I have these same thoughts all the time, too. Does this mean we're especially deep ... or just need something to occupy our time?

Anonymous said...

I think everyone sees the same colors, if we didn't "color blindness" might have more meanings.

dirty said...

I've thought the same thing from time to time.

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

You are so high right now.

Slinger said...

I have a common argument with a coworker everytime I wear this sweatshirt that has dark yellow, he insists that it is Orange. Little differences yes, then there are those that are flat out color blind, like my cousin. For stop lights, he sees Purple,Orange Blue

Jen said...

I have had this
exact same thought..

not only color
but how we perceive eveything

Valerie said...

I will be sexist and say yes. I have known men that could not see the difference between cranberry, fuschia, pomegranate and raspberry red (for example). It all looks "red" to them.

Slinger said...

Well, if you get into shades of a color, like Valerie points out, then yeah, us guys do not know the difference between cranberry, fuschia, pomegranate and raspberry red. Sorry. I could tell you they were all different shades of red, that would be it.

Anonymous said...

Dude, i'm widcha. Apparently I'm wearin' off on y'all. You'll be doing God Talks within a week or so.

Bob said...

Me too. My wife told me it was just me. I guess not.

Moderator said...

Anyone who doesn't see the world EXACTLY as I see it is wrong and unpatriotic.