12/13/2006

Puke Inducing...

I know, to some, it can annoying for people to talk about how cute their son/daughter/grandchild/niece/nephew is, but just humor me. One of my concerns about living far away was that my niece wouldn't know who I was. Last night, my sister called. She and my brother-in-law often show Nora (14 months) a photo album with pictures of different relatives. Yesterday she asked "Where's Uncle Christopher?" Nora walked over to where the album was and pointed to it. My sister handed it to her and she opened it up to my picture and pointed. My sister repeated this later to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Needless to say, I'm a proud uncle. By the way, that's her with the Fisher-Price farm I gave her for her birthday.

8 comments:

dirty said...

Very adorable!

Anonymous said...

Valerie says...

not puke inducing at all. very cute. the story and your niece.

Anonymous said...

There's something wrong with that picture. Toys are not strewn all over the place. Maybe that's why they took the picture... "look, the room is CLEAN!"

She's adorable. I'm glad she remembers you!

Anonymous said...

Didn't get her the drum set, eh?

Zed said...

Sounds like she thinks you're pretty special. I love that! You've obviously touched her heart.

Megan said...

Petty cool, and your niece is a cutie!

Anonymous said...

we're the crazy aunt & uncle combo that every fambly needs. We haven't seen our neices and 'phews in almost a calendar year... ::sniff::

it's so hard to be a bad influence when you're 1,000 miles away.

Moderator said...

That's a Little People Fisher Price Farm. I should know, my kids LOVE to play with Little People - even Allison who will be 7 next year.

Next time you see Nora, pinch her fat, little cheeks for me. She's adorable.