12/06/2006

Calling All Chicago Area Bloggers...

Over the course of my recent road trip I had the opportunity to meet in person a few of the people I've come to know through blogging. It was such a fun experience that I thought I'd propose a gathering for people in and around Chicago sometime during the week of Christmas. Now, I know that this is usually a hectic time for many people, but if anyone CAN swing it, I think it'd be a good time. If anyone has a preference as far as day of the week (I'm thinking any day Tues. thru Fri.), leave them in the comments. My default meeting place is usually my friend's restaurant, Club Lago, but I'm open to suggestions. The best way I've found to do things like this is to keep it informal. If you can come, great. If not, no big deal. Here is a list of people I think live in or around Chicago. If I'm forgetting anyone, let me (and them) know. The more the merrier!
  • Grant Miller
  • Frank
  • Geo
  • the boys at Nevada Thunder
  • Phil
  • Dave
  • Lulu
  • Valerie
  • Tenacious S
  • Johnny Yen
  • Echo?
Who did I forget? Or, if you happen to be visiting from out of town, by all means come! Or even if you're a lurker, join us! I'll give more details once we settle on a date...

20 comments:

Valerie said...

I will try my best to be there! If they are in town, I will try to get Kirsten Marcum and Emily Randle to come too!

Anonymous said...

DAMMIT!!!

Cup said...

Still bummed that I didn't get to meet you on your East Coast tour. I might be in Chicago soon, though; can I play if I'm not of Chicago?

Anonymous said...

what the boob lady said...

Some Guy said...

Frank- I knew I could count on you!

Valerie- Sounds good!

Boob Lady & Amy- We'll make sure to take lots of pics. You'll be there in spirit I'm sure.

Beth- Any and all out-of-town guests will be welcomed with open arms!

Anonymous said...

I'm in, and not to get a seinfeldian argument but, do you mean the week before Xmas or after, when the say, the week of Xmas.

When, and if, you see Dave, try not to stare, he's been through alot.

Valerie, Did Kirsten have a sister who competed in the Olympics this past winter games?

This is Phil.

Some Guy said...

Phil- I'm talking about the 26th-29th. If any one is better for you, let me know.

Valerie said...

Phil - I believe Ingrid did not make the Olympic team. But she was part of the US women's Bobsled team

http://www.aitworldwide.com/AboutAIT/USBSF/012905-2.aspx

Moderator said...

I will plan for it

Moderator said...

I believe Kefla, who is linked on my blog, is a Chicagoan. Once the details are worked out, I will post something on my site too. Should be fun.

lulu said...

You beat me to this...I was planning to plan something that week as one of my favorite bloggers is going to be in town visiting then.

I'm in, and I'll rope tenS into coming....

Some Guy said...

OK, I am making an executive decision. We will say Friday the 29th (that way most people can enjoy without worrying about work the next day) at, say, 6:00 PM, but come anytime after that. My friends' restaurant is on the corner of Superior & Orleans (one block south of Chicago Ave.) The Ohio St. exit off the Kennedy is your best bet. If this sounds bad to anyone, speak now. Feel free to advertise this shit on your own blogs as well.

Moderator said...

Sounds like a plan. I will be there and will post something as the day approaches. One question, who's going to be my secret Santa?

Frank Sirmarco said...

Grant:

Do you think I can slide my loot down your chimney?

Just checkin'...

Some Guy said...

Grant- I've got a Yule Log with your name on it, buddy.

Anonymous said...

Double DAMMIT!@!

Anonymous said...

Phil said...

Sadly, I have to work that night. I will however try to get the night off. If that fails, I will try to meet up after work, maybe close to midnight, which might be a bit late for some.

ANYWAY, I will spread the word to all that might be interested.

Elmhurstians,
I do live in Elmhurst, so let me know if anyone is drinking in town that week. Spring Inn? The Club?

Geo said...

29th. 6pm. Lago. Sold.

Some Guy said...

Phil- There's a good chance some of us will end up at Spring Inn at some point. I'll keep you posted.

Geo- I'm putting you on the board - YES!

Johnny Yen said...

Damn-- I'm out of town Dec. 27-30 to visit my parents.