12/05/2006

A Movie Tag...

This is a movie tag a la Bunso. Since I like movies, I'll oblige...

P
opcorn or Candy?

I actually think popcorn and candy are a little low-brow. I like to dine on Filet Mignon, Rice Pilaf, and a glass of Beaujolais. However, it's tough to sneak it in under my coat and balance on my lap.

Name a movie you've been meaning to see forever.

There are a bunch of classic films that I've yet to see. For instance, I've never seen "The Sound Of Music" or "Police Academy 5: Assignment: Miami Beach".

Steal one costume from a movie for your wardrobe.

I thought the costume worn by Morgan Spurlock in the film "Supersize Me" was really innovative.


Your favorite film franchise is:

The "Up Series", by Michael Apted is unmatched as far as duration and quality. If you haven't seen it, check it out.


Invite five movie people over for dinner. Who are they? Why'd you invite them? What do you feed them?
First, I'd be feeding them frozen motherfuckin' pizza, naturally. As far as who, hmmm. Albert Maysles has been one of my most influential documentarians and seems like a hell of a nice guy. I think Paul Newman is about as cool as a man can be. The rest would probably be women (to keep things even). Like Grant Miller, I think Charlize Theron is the cat's ass. Barbara Kopple is a documentarian I really admire. One more... OK, I guess Kelly Kapowski can come, too. It might be good for her. I think she was in a Pauly Shore film at one point, so she qualifies (barely).

What is the appropriate punishment for people who answer cell phones in the movie theater?
I believe in unconditional forgiveness. Go ahead, call me a pussy. I'll forgive that, too. Just watch me. I mean it!

Choose a female bodyguard:
My first choice would have been Wendie Jo Sperber, but she's dead, so I pick Tyne Daly.


What's the scariest thing you've ever seen in a movie?

Kevin Costner trying to do any accent other than his own.

Your favorite genre
(excluding "comedy" and "drama") is...
Docufantasy. You haven't heard of it yet, but you will...

5 comments:

vikkitikkitavi said...

I'm really anxious to see Kopple's new doc. I love her. Have you seen Havoc? I heard it was terrible but I haven't seen it.

Anonymous said...

Wendie Jo Sperber's zombie might still be a better body guard than Tyne Daly.

Maybe.

Moderator said...

If Charlize shows up at your dinner, but not at mine, can you invite me over?

I applaud you selection of Tyne Daly.

Valerie said...

I can't believe you haven't seen "Sound of Music." How un-American. You must be a Russian Spy or something.

Some Guy said...

Vikki- I did see Havoc. Expectations were low and it wasn't as terrible as everyone said (there were naked boobies, after all), but pales in comparison to her docs.

Amy- You make an excellent point. Sperber's zombie would be a force to be reckoned with, no doubt.

Grant- Don't hold your breath, but yeah.

Valerie- What can I say? I hate freedom.