12/17/2006

The Results Of My CoinStar/I-Tunes Shopping Spree...

OK. I tried to at least purchase one track off each person's list (unless you told me you'd burn shit for me). The other songs I bought were either non-blog recommendations or stuff I remembered and thought I'd like. I still have like $9 credit, so if you have any last ditch suggestions, now's the time. Here they are (in the alphabetical order determined by my I-Pod):
  • Bedouin Soundclash - 12:59 Lullaby (The Boob Lady, sort of)
  • Big Head Todd & The Monsters (with John Lee Hooker) - Boom Boom (Dave, who I happened to be on the phone with at the time, so he got a bunch of credits.)
  • Big Head Todd & The Monsters - The Moose Song (Guido)
  • Big Bill Broonzy - John Henry (Me)
  • Bob Dylan - Shelter From The Storm (Me)
  • Bob Dylan - A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall (Me)
  • Canned Heat - Going Up The Country (Dave)
  • The Decemberists - The Mariner's Revenge Song (Beth)
  • Elvis Presley - A Little Less Conversation (Flannery - sort of)
  • Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway (Elizabeth and Genn6)
  • Guster - Amsterdam (Johnny Yen)
  • Harry Nilsson - Jump Into The Fire (Frank)
  • Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - Henehene Kou'Aka (Vikkitikkitavi, a LONG time ago)
  • Jeff Buckley - If You Knew (Live) (Megan)
  • Jimmy Rushing - Boogie Woogie (I May Be Wrong) (Me)
  • Joe Jackson - Another World (Frank)
  • Leonard Cohen - Tower Of Song (Guido)
  • Metric - Poster Of A Girl (Frank)
  • My Chemical Romance - Welcome To The Black Parade (Geo)
  • Night Ranger - Sister Christian (forgive Me)
  • Ocean Blue - Between Something And Nothing (mixednut)
  • Old 97's - Time Bomb (Me)
  • Olu Dara - Your Lips (Dave)
  • Patsy Cline - Walkin' After Midnight (Me)
  • Paul Simon - Kodachrome (Me)
  • Queen - These Are The Days Of Our Lives (Guido)
  • The Raconteurs - Level (Dave)
  • The Redwalls - Universal Blues (Dave)
  • The Shins - New Slang (Slinger)
  • The Sounds - Song With A Mission (Frank)
  • The Specials - A Message To You Rudy (Me)
  • The Specials - Monkey Man (Live) (Me)
  • The Sundays - Folk Song (Teri)
  • Stray Cats - Built For Speed (Marni)
  • Van Halen - Drop Dead Legs (I know, I should have "1984") (Me)
  • The Vincent Black Shadow - Metro (Amy)
  • Violent Femmes - American Music (Flannery)
  • Weezer - Beverly Hills (Geo)
  • The White Stripes - Sister, Do You Know My Name? (Me)
  • The White Stripes - Black Math (Me)
Thanks for the help. So far I like what I'm hearing! For those of you who recommended entire albums, I'll definitely look into them.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big Head Todd and the Monsters... I forgot about them. Nice! Glad you're enjoying all the cool songs.

Megan said...

I can't believe you got "Sister Christian" but refused to get "Kiss Me Deadly"!

Some Guy said...

Amy- I've had a chance to listen to them all the way through and I'm pretty pleased.

Megan- Your Lita Ford obsession is borderline disturbing.

The Boob Lady said...

Sexcellent Chris, good job.

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Phew. At least you have some Elvis. I was afraid I was going to have to have my Dad call you.

Phil said...

I'm with Megan on the Lita Ford.

Some Guy said...

Boob Lady- I think I was pretty sexsessful.

Flan- It was a shame. BTW, American Music is a great song. Thanks for the heads up.

Phil- Don't encourage her!

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Chris: That whole album is pretty good.