12/13/2006

Another Blasted Tag!...


...courtesy of the friendly neighborhood Boob Lady. I am supposed to name five songs that represent how I am feeling right...wait for it...now! If you don't mind, I'm going to stick to songs on my I-Pod. Otherwise, there are just too damn many songs out there to choose from.
  1. This Is The Day, by The The. It represents the unbridled optimism I possess at all times.
  2. Waving My Dick In The Wind, by Ween. I ran out of clean underwear today, so, you know...
  3. Valley Winter Song, by Fountains Of Wayne. Despite the fact it's not quite winter, there is some snow left and I live in the Boyne Valley. Besides, it's a pretty song.
  4. The Luckiest, by Ben Folds. I'm a lucky person, for the most part. A lot of things tend to work out to my benefit. I'm feeling particularly lucky right now.
  5. Little Boxes, by Malvina Reynolds. Those of you who watch the show "Weeds" know this little ditty. Working in architecture may have something to do with this.
I tag my four new links additions (see below). Of course, it is completely optional, as always. As someone I know likes to say, I'm not the boss of you...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

teri says:

#2 cracked me up. you're so "out there".

Johnny Yen said...

I've heard that Little Boxes was about Daly City, a suburb of San Francisco. Here's a picture of it:

http://www.affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/daly_city_california_small.jpg

You can see how it was an inspiration.

My father lived there during the War, when his stepdad went out there to work in the shipyards.