10/18/2006

Why Do I Blog?...

Last night I was trying to remember why I started this blog. Prior to this, the closest I came to blogging was writiting really disgusting synopses for movie adaptations of sitcoms and putting them on my MySpace page. I've posted a few of them here. It was fun seeing how much vulgarity and bodily fluid I could pack into each. I think the blog started for the same reason:

I thought it would be fun.

This is the primary criterion for any new activity I decide to try. Other reasons I might have include:

I think something will be interesting.
I think something will be exciting.
I think something will help someone out.
I think something will be challenging.

I didn't expect anyone to be interested in what I wrote. I'm glad they are, though. After all, I think everyone wants to feel interesting to other people, even if their day-to-day life is fairly mundane. I'm sure other people keep their blogs for hundreds of different reasons. Why did you start yours?

-Todays "blog-fairy" target likes grilled cheese and Seinfeld. And for those of you that are wondering, no, I'm not going to give more hints or even reveal who I'm talking about. That makes it more fun!

14 comments:

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

I blog to improve my writing. I've always heard that to be a better writer, one should keep a journal. I've never been able to keep a journal. I'm too much of an attention whore. I can't stand writing something that no one will ever read. So, down from heaven comes blogger where I can write my thoughts and have people read them too. Thus satisfying my two-fold need of opining and receiving attention.

So, in a nutshell: writing and famewhoredom are why I blog.

My guess for the blog-fairy victim is Zed...

Some Guy said...

Nope!

Some Guy said...

Didn't you guys read the post!? I'm not telling!

lulu said...

I got my blogger account so that I could post on a friend's blog, but didn't start my own until I had my heart broken and needed a place to talk to myself about it.

Teri said...

I was personally bullied by Dick Small.

Anonymous said...

I know I'll eventually start one due to peer pressure.

It was definitely the Slackster!

Anonymous said...

That was easy, Chris. But I'm still figuring out the first one.

C'mon, Mixednut... everyone is doing it! You won't get addicted!

Anonymous said...

Sure Amy!
That's what they said when I smoked my first rock.

Jen said...

I love this game!

mixednut - I can't wait for your blog!
do it!! just do it!

all the cool kids are doing it..

The Boob Lady said...

I blog to release pent up sexual frustration and angst over my job. I love writing these blurbs about my day, and they're mostly funny because they're true. Nothing I've written hasn't happened, which makes it funnier. Mostly to me as I relive it while writing, but all the same, it's cathartic.

The Boob Lady said...

And yes, Mixed Nut, do it. You won't be popular until you do.

Anonymous said...

Real life is far more bizzare and interesting than anything on television.

Anonymous said...

I do it for the attention and 'cuz I've got hypergraphia.

Some Guy said...

I agree with everyone, mixednut. Start it! Give in to the peer pressure! I thought of another motivator I have: If I think something will be relaxing, then I'll try it. I'm sure there are more...