10/16/2006

Something New I'm Gonna Do...


Remember back when you first started your blog? Hardly anyone visited. The only people to leave comments were a few friends who took pity on you. It was kind of like being the new kid at school. Slowly, over time, you got up the nerve to venture out, find people you shared stuff in common with, and coax them over to see what you had to offer. In my case, I was unknown until Grant offered me some time to promote myself on his unbelievably popular site.

The thing is, I feel bad for those early posts - the ones where you really tried because you knew a good first impression was essential. It's a shame for them to go unnoticed.

So, each day I am going to go deep into one of my blog-pal's archives and leave a comment somewhere, sort of like the tooth fairy. I'm not going to say which post it is, but I'll leave hints as to who I'm targeting. It's up to you to find them. Isn't this going to be fun?! Hey, stop yawning!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So.... you're gonna be like the "Blog Fairy" or something?

Will you leave money somewhere, too, along with your comments? Because that would be awesome.

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

This is such a nice thing to do! I may have to pay it forward...

Cup said...

I'm eager to read this peek into your blog past ...

The Boob Lady said...

I love this idea! Until you, nobody other than my mother read mine. She still counts as far as I'm concerned, but hey, she HAS to say nice things, doesn't she? So, to you Chris, Thank You for "Discovering" me. :)

Jen said...

I think you should leave candy
with the comment

reeses pieces are good

just sayin'

Anonymous said...

A VERY cool idea, although I didn't know what the hell I was doing at the beginning.

And I'm cool on candy, but I could use some quarters for laundry.

Some Guy said...

Good, I'm glad people like this. I'll try to make it fun by not being too obvious who the daily target is.

lulu said...

Candy is good, money too. Are you going to reveal the blogger later in the week?

Anonymous said...

how much shit you gonna post on Monday, dude??

that's a good idea... I might do dat meself.