10/27/2006

Another Bright Idea...

This new idea was inspired by a recent post over at Bells On and is predicated on my belief that combining two products that people want is the key to success (See my bacon-gum post below). We all know people still like to smoke, despite every effort to dissuade them. Maybe the time has come for us non-smokers to quit our bitching about second-hand smoke and look for some alternative that can make the smoke itself more appealing.

That's where bacon comes in.

That's right. Bacon-flavored cigarettes. Are you kidding me? This one is a no-brainer!

In fact, why stop there? The tentative name for my product line is:

"Uncle Ed's Olde Tyme Breakfast Cigarettes"

Available in these exciting flavors:
  • Bacon
  • Sausage
  • Waffles with Maple Syrup
  • Coffee
  • Grapefruit Juice
Which leads me to even more opportunities. How about bacon-flavored coffee? Or cigarette-flavored coffee? You have to dream big, people!

*Edited to add: I have been derelict in my blog-fairy duties. Today's target definitely does NOT like the Blackhawks...

11 comments:

Teri said...

wow, I think you're on to something.

although, you might have a bigger epidemic on your hands, the non-smokers might pick up this habit because of the different food options.

Geo said...

How about bacon... with extra bacon flavoring?

Anonymous said...

I think you just made smoking even grosser.

Anonymous said...

How 'bout bubble-gum flavored cigs for the kiddies?

Some Guy said...

Teri- Yeah! I never wanted to smoke, but if bacon cigs were available, I might have to reconsider.
Geo- Mega-bacon?
Megan- As our favorite Texan is apt to say - "Mission Accomplished!"
mixednut- I think they may already make those.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but you can't smoke those.
Believe me, I've tried.

vikkitikkitavi said...

You'd better patent the idea quick, or the next thing you know, you'll be driven out of business by "Marlboros over my hammy"

vikkitikkitavi said...

Oh, and thanks for the link, baby.

Some Guy said...

Vikki- Anytime, sugar-plum. Nice use of a Denny's reference, by the way!

Anonymous said...

aeromatic cigs is a good idea: I once bought a whole box of cigars that were flavored and scented like pancakes and maple syrup. NO ONE complained when I lit one of THOSE things up 'cuz they smelt gooot.

maybe we can do the TV spot where some dude lights up and a dude a few feet away takes a big sniff and cries out, "IIIT'S BAAACON!!"

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't it be bacon *scented* cigarettes? Smokers obviously already like the taste, but the non-smokers hate the smell... make it smell good, then I'll quit bitching.