10/16/2006

I'm A Copycat...

I've seen others doing this lately, so here's my random I-Pod ten for the day:
  1. Jimmy Smith - Organ Grinder Swing
  2. Phil Ochs - That's What I Want To Hear
  3. Cab Calloway - Reefer Man
  4. Tito Puente - Cao Cao Mani Picao
  5. Body Count - Body Count
  6. They Might Be Giants - O, Do Not Forsake Me
  7. James Mathus & His Knock-Down Society - Rock Of Ages
  8. Edith Piaf - Hymne A L'Amour
  9. Lionel Hampton & Oscar Peterson - Indiana
  10. Howlin' Wolf - How Many More Years

4 comments:

Cup said...

Very cool, eclectic list. High respect for your iPod here in Atlanta. Love Edith Piaf. Saw Oscar Peterson once, playing piano for Ella Fitzgerald. I could go on and on in raves ... but I gotta publish and go look at those skiing photos ...

Some Guy said...

Wow, Oscar Peterson and Ella! That must've been something! He is my favorite jazz pianist. I know that Art Tatum was phenomenal with his finger speed, but there's something about Oscar. I learned of Edith Piaf in France.

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Mmmmm...Edith Piaf. Love her.

I saw They Might Be Giants in concert; it was magical.

lulu said...

TMBG are Gods. The only time I ever made a fool of myslef while waiting on celebs at Starbucks was when TMBG came in after doing a free XRT show on the Fourth of July. I gibbered like an idiot and told John F that I loved him. I am SO lame.