10/20/2006

Sanity Check #1...

One of the many nice things about this forum is that I can use it as a sounding board to verify that I'm not crazy in a semi-anonymous way. It's a way to find out if others share the same tendencies or if I'm all alone. You know, those things you do and often wonder if others do them too.

My question is for pet owners. Do you ever find yourself speaking complete nonsense to your pets? I'm not talking about your run-of-the-mill babytalk. I'm talking about straight-up, non-word jibberish. Sometimes I'll catch myself doing it and then, moments later, wonder what the fuck I just said and where it came from.

There may be more queries like this from time to time, so stay tuned...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have chinchillas...I talk to them like they are people...especially when no one else is around.

Anonymous said...

Do you ever find the per in question answering back?

Cup said...

I'm worse: I have full-on conversations with my cats. And, yes, they understand every word I say. Even worse: I sing songs, substituting their names for some lyrics. Yes, I need to get out more often.

Beautiful kitty, BTW.

Jen said...

Of course I do!

Teri said...

um.....yea! if you're a pet lover you will do these things. you are not alone and not crazy. but it is weird to hear a guy doing it. it's part of the job for us females, we're silly that way.

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Bonkers. Totally bonkers. I'd seek help if I were you.

Kidding, of course. Tell the Assman I said, Spiggotti Mantanala!

Some Guy said...

Flannery- That could very well be part of my repertoire.

Thanks for the support everyone!

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

If it isn't part of your repertoire, it should be. After all, fake Italian is the most fun gibberish language, in my opinion.

lulu said...

I meow at Bob and she meows back. Sometimes she seems very interested in what we are talking about, and I can only assume that I am saying something very interesting.

The Boob Lady said...

I don't talk to my cats at all, in fact, I completely ignore them. I'm kidding of course, I talk to both of them. They're Siamese, so they're loud and rowdy anyway, get them talking, and you're screwed for the rest of the night, they'll answer until you run out of breath.

Tenacious S said...

Ed is rather chatty and demanding. He also is gosh darn fluffy and cute and therefore must be woogy, woogied every so often. Besides, and you can ask anyone who knows me, I have conversations with myself all of time. Ed is a good excuse to talk to myself.

lulu said...

It's true. I have never ever woogy woogied my own cat, but Ed must be woogy woogied frequently.