7/18/2007

Documentary Film Of The Day - I Like Killing Flies...

I haven't done one of these in a while. There is a film distribution company called ThinkFilm that I have come to know over the past few years. They always seem to release a lot of high-quality docs (and good dramatic stuff, too), so whenever I see their name attached to a film, I'm optimistic. This one was no exception. I don't like giving too much away in these reviews, but I highly recommend this film to anyone who has found a restaurant that is "theirs" - a place that feels like home. The film is about Kenny Shopsin, an eccentric Greenwich Village restauranteur with an incredibly large menu and a "Soup Nazi with a heart" approach to customer service. The movie is very funny and the title should not be a deterrent. More HERE.

4 comments:

Megan said...

That movie ROCKED.

Cup said...

I'd love to see it! Did you rent it, or is it in theaters right now?

Chris Hinrichs said...

Beth- It is available for rental. I got it through Netflix.

GETkristiLOVE said...

I will take your advice because I loved F is for Fake by the way. Well maybe loved is the wrong word, but it was very enjoyable.