- Some family in Ramallah actually got to run an electric fan for six minutes last Thursday.
- The automotive scrap-yard industry is claiming record profits for the fourth straight year.
- The water that comes out of Baghdad drinking fountains is now only 40% sand. That's down 10% from three years ago!
- Private contractors have completed painting the rubble of what was once Fallujah South High School.
- Troops are winning hearts and minds by politely removing muddy shoes before doing door-to-door searches.
- Baghdad International Airport now features a Quizno's.
- Hospitals are now equiped to offer anesthesia during surgery.
- Some guy in Tikrit smiled the other day.
Good News In Iraq...
I've just about had it with the mainstream media. For too long I've had to listen to their "doom and gloom" stories out of Iraq, despite all the progress we are obviously making. Well, sometimes direct action is required. I decided to go to Iraq myself in hopes that I could be a conduit for all those positive stories the media thinks we just can't stomach. What I found was eye-opening. There are TONS of good stories to report from Iraq. Here are just a few: