9/10/2009

Weight Loss Success (Sort Of)...

As I mentioned in a recent post, I decided it was time to get off my ass and dedicate myself to getting in better shape. So, for the last four weeks I have been faithful to a regimen that includes:
  • An uphill bike ride of about two miles to the local sled hill.
  • Once there, I walk the bike uphill about 100 yards to the start of the stairs.
  • After some stretching, I proceed to climb the 462 steps to the top at a brisk pace.
  • Once at the top, I get a drink of water, stretch a little more, and then jog down the steps.
  • I repeat this climb as many times as I am able that particular day. The first day I did it, I was barely able to make it up once without stopping. Now, I usually climb it 3-4 times. My personal best is 5.
  • Then I do a slightly longer ride home.
I can tell you that by the end of the workout I am dripping with sweat. The results are starting to become visible. My pants seem a little looser and my energy level is significantly higher. As you can tell from the photo, I have reduced the size of my gut and my man-boobs look like they're starting to recede.

Now, if only I could drop some of this nipple weight...

15 comments:

Jay Ferris said...

I'd be able to send some extra positive thoughts your way if I wasn't busy scooping my eyes out with a mechanical pencil thanks to that picture.

Pyzahn said...

It looks like he glued on some Vienna Sausages. Cocktail sauce, anyone?

Good luck with the getting in better shape. Enjoy your success. But do not celebrate by eating donuts.

Anonymous said...

Jeez, you made me spit on my computer screen. Thanks...put a sweater on man...you look cold :)

SkylersDad said...

I see the Turkey's done!

westchesterdead said...

Brutal, but still damned funny. I need therapy now.

The Peach Tart said...

Great news about the weight and inches lost.

The picture gives me the major creeps.

Son of a Thomas said...

Sausage blasters are one of the most dangerous tools mankind ever invented.

Mnmom said...

Thanks for the nightmares

GETkristiLOVE said...

Damn, it's cold out.

Jennifer and Sandi said...

Ahhhhhhhh? got nothing because I can't believe there's an actual photo like that.


Happy Climbing!

- Jennifer

Cooper Green said...

Pruning shears and bandaids, and a bullet to bite. It's not like you'll ever be breastfeeding or anything.

Cormac Brown said...

Holy Jeebus, there goes my breakfast!

katrocket said...

Way to go, Chris! Just because I'm averting my eyes doesn't mean I'm not proud of you.

Kristine said...

OHMYGOD.
:(
That's fake, right?

Coaster Punchman said...

Please tell me that picture is not real. Please.