9/04/2008

Documentary Film Of The Day: A Lawyer Walks Into A Bar...

THIS is a great doc about the legal profession that focuses on six very different people who are preparing for the California State Bar Exam. Some are fresh out of law schooI, some have taken it multiple times (one guy was taking it for his 42nd time). You really get a real sense of the time and sacrifice that goes into preparing, not to mention the pressure there is to pass. There are some funny animated bits depicting actual bar exam questions and 15 decent minutes of extras. It was made by Eric Chaikin who also directed a great movie about Scrabble tournament participants called "Word Wars". I think you'll like this one.

2 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

Some dummy took it 42 times? If that were me and I was defending some jerk, I'd tell him that right before court started.

GETkristiLOVE said...

Okay... I'm just getting ready to sit down and watch Manda Bala right now!