9/18/2006

Nostalgia...


As a few of my recent posts indicate, I'm feeling nostalgic. I've noticed a lot of bloggers get this way from time to time. There are tons of posts out there along the lines of "Do you remember...?" Even though it smacks of one of those "I Love The Seventies/Eighties/Nineties/Five Minutes Ago" shows, it's still fun and a quick and easy way to establish common ground. Besides, what's more fun than making lists? Here is a list of some toys I can remember playing with as a kid:
  • Space Legos - These were the only kinds of Legos I liked.
  • Lincoln Logs
  • Criss Cross Crash - A figure-8 Hot Wheels racetrack that maximized collisions.
  • Capsela - major league dork toy.
  • Star Wars action figures and vehicles - I only had the X-Wing and Landspeeder. Thanks, Mom & Dad.
  • Bristle Blocks
  • Shrinky-Dinks - Those thinks you colored and put in the oven - because every kid likes to shrink things.
  • Colorforms - those re-stickable things that you used to create some sort of scene. I think ours was a "Happy Days" scene. You could put Al & Ralph Malph into numerous compromising positions.
  • Rocket Hockey
  • Merlin
  • Air Jammer Road Rammer - a car that you pumped up with a mini bike pump to make it go.
  • The Fisher Price farm and village
  • Weebles. I had a Weebles pirate ship.
  • That foam shit that you used in the bathtub. It came in cans that looked like superheroes.
  • Lite-Brite
  • Whitewings paper airplanes. They were a bitch to make, but they flew like crazy.
I never had G.I. Joe toys, a Sit & Spin, or those inflatable bouncy-ball things you could ride.

6 comments:

lulu said...

I always wanted a Lite Brite, but never got one. I never got an Easy Bake Oven either. (Actually, I got one for my 35th birthday)

A side note, I went to college with the sons of the woman who invented Shrinky Dinks. Evidently the house was full of test projects.

Jen said...

Shrinky-Dinks ROCKED!
I had garfield ones..

Colorforms- I had snoopy playing baseball

LOVED Legos & Lite-Brite

Played endless tic tac toe
on Merlin!

Frank Sirmarco said...

Masters of the Universe and G.I. Joe toys ROCKED!

Those toys, along with my collection of Star Wars action figures were eaten by rats when I lived in the city.

I threw them in the garbage when I moved, and started a crazy hobo riot in our alley.

Anonymous said...

I had the weebles circus.

And I freaking loved bristle blocks.

vikkitikkitavi said...

That's what SHE said:

Lincoln Logs
Bristle Blocks
Shrinky-Dinks
Rocket Hockey
Weebles

Anonymous said...

Secret behind her abs is also boxing: other than boxing and a series of targeted ab workouts, she said.. L' r que le nombre de conducteurs qui perdent la vie sur les routes canadiennes apr avoir consomm du cannabis ne cesse d'augmenter depuis l'an 2000.

When Dabo Swinney talks, college football listens."My preference is let's get to work Cheap Yeezy Shoes Sale and go play," Swinney said. "They're really good at making their case for really weak worker protections."[The National Federation of Independent Businesses did not report any lobbying activity in 2018 or 2019 with the Alabama Ethics Commission, according to the agency's records.]The economic crisis caused by the public health crisis may have been a wake up call Air Force 1 In Store for the legislature, Ward noted."When we come back into session on April 28, you see Coach Outlet Clearance a huge focus on what to do to help small businesses and the unemployed," he said. Yeezy Shoes For Sale

Now a free agent, Dareus has been a Pro Bowler twice and earned All Pro recognition in 2014.No. It is past time for DHR and its employees to be held accountable for not doing their jobs."Zedria Rankin, LeBrawn's mother, and Department of Human Resources commissioner Nancy Buckner are also defendants in the wrongful death lawsuit, Jordan Shoes For Sale according to court records."I am just New Air Jordan Shoes getting my life back on track after those events and don't really want to relive that at this time," said Zedria Rankin regarding the death of her son.

An amazing player and I stole a lot of things from his game, to be honest. He couldn go out MK Outlet even to buy groceries, which neighbourhood workers brought to his door."Being indoors for so long drove me crazy," he said. Airstrike at the Syrian military base damages the prospects of a political Cheap Nike Air Force 1 settlement for the war torn country..