9/26/2006

Bachelor Party Synopsis...

Thanks for your patience, gentle reader. Sorry to keep you waiting with more goodies. After this weekend I have tons of blog ideas I'll be cultivating, but it's a case of overload right now. I have to get organized.

We had a nice group of about 20+ guys. A bunch of us drove up after meeting at our friend's restaurant in Chicago. We agreed to meet up about halfway in Tomah, WI. This is a sleepy town with more bars per capita than any one I've ever seen. Even better, each one was a dive - just our speed. After loading up on Pabst and fried cheese curds, we continued on.

We rolled in, only to be dismayed at the fact we had not stocked up on beer/liquor prior to arriving. Turns out Minnesota stops selling alcohol at 10:00 PM. I find states that have alcohol-buying ideosynchrasies annoying. Undeterred, we checked into our hotel and found a nearby bar where we quickly made friends with the locals. I should take a second to explain that most of my friends find strippers/strip clubs a bit of a waste. The idea of paying a beautiful woman to dance all over you, all the while knowing you will NOT have sex with her, seems counterproductive.

The next day for me was great. I had my first beer around 10:00 AM. We got a look at greater Minneapolis which is very pretty and the weather was nice. I was able to maintain a steady drunkenness until 4:00 the following morning without fucking my body up too much. It was a very mellow time and my friends are all up for pushing the limits of good taste which results in lots of laughs. No one was arrested or injured in any bar fights. Some would consider this a failure as far as bachelor parties go, but I had a ball. The rest of my friends tailgated, then went to the Bear game. Looking back, I wish I would have gone. Regardless, it was a great time. Thanks, fellas!

4 comments:

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Let me know next time you are in town. It's be cool to catch up with you.

I concure on the stip-club policy.

lulu said...

So where did you actully go in Mpls? Downtown? Burbs? There are strip clubs there? It seems soooo clean cut; I thought people went to Summerset in Wisconsin to indulge in that sort of smut. ;-)

Some Guy said...

Flannery-Thanks! Good to be back.
Phil-Sounds good. I'm not sure when it will be, but I'll let you know.
Lulu-We stayed downtown, but hung out in an area called they called "uptown". We did see a few strip clubs close to downtown.