9/26/2006

Documentary Film Of The Day - Microcosmos...

I haven't done one of these in a while, so here goes. For those of you that liked movies like "Baraka" and "Winged Migration", "Microcosmos" should be right up your alley. It is all about the insect world. I can't recall if there is any narration, but if there is, it's minimal. The photography is phenomenal with extreme close-ups and time lapse. Some of it left me wondering how the fuck they ever captured it on film. It is fluid and is divided into various themes (hunting, building, fucking, etc.). If you're into National Geographic or the Discovery Channel, you'll like this film. In fact, describing it has inspired me to add it to my Netflix list for the second time. Good shit.

3 comments:

vikkitikkitavi said...

My family calls any educational program, no matter what its subject matter, a "bug show."

Sometimes it really is a bug show.

Anonymous said...

Is there a monkey chant? Or something as cool as the monkey chant?

Some Guy said...

Vikki-This movie is certainly bug-centric.
Megan-Is anything as cool as the monkey chant? In fact, I do a little monkey chanting before I go to sleep each night. The effect is lessened when it's just one person.