7/18/2006

O.C.D....


I think that each one of us has symptoms of O.C.D. to a certain extent. A lot of mine deal with how I eat different foods. I'm a big fan of Strawberry Twizzlers. I eat every one exactly the same way. First, I bite off each end, approximately 1/4", so I essentially have a straw. I don't use it as a straw, but I do suck one end to make sure there is good air flow. Then I take a series of individual bites about 3/4" in length. I orient each 3/4" section in my mouth so that it is parallel to my front teeth, with each end facing my cheeks. I bite down through the top and "open" it with my tongue so that what I have is a flat rectangular piece. Then I turn the flattened piece 90 degrees in my mouth (the long axis is now perpendicular to my teeth) and take a series of "mini-bites", still with my incisors, so that I'm left with something about the consistency of couscous. At this point I grind it with my back teeth and quickly move on to the next 3/4" bite. Does this make me a psycho?

3 comments:

Frank Sirmarco said...

I had the same problem with McDonalds french-fries when I still ate McDonalds. Nothing that crazy; I had to eat every fry before I could start on my sandwich. Weird.

Coaster Punchman said...

Short answer: Yes! But I would advise you to try using one as a straw. It's especially good with milk.

Anonymous said...

mmmm...I do the same exact thing.