This comes via Beth. I think it's neat that some of the songs I'm into right now are recommendations from other bloggers. They include:
- American Music by Violent Femmes. In general, I like up-tempo rockers more than slower ballads. I also tend to favor sound over lyrics. This one was recommended by Flannery. It's been popping up on my I-Pod often. It makes me happy.
- The Mariner's Revenge Song by The Decemberists. Megan has been singing the praises of this band and I can see myself getting into them. I always liked the tune, but then focused on the lyrics and discovered a neat little story being told.
- 12:59 Lullaby by Bedouin Soundclash. This one was mentioned at some point by my pal, The Boob Lady. Oddly, it's a slower ballad. It's so damn pretty!
- Beverly Hills by Weezer. Geo reminded me that this was a song I should probably have. I love the sound and it reflects the helplessness of a guy like me who wants to attract the attention, briefly, of the entertainment industry.
- Time Bomb by The Old 97's. Another rocker that I like to play on the way home Friday afternoon and rock out to. I love the looks I get from other people on the road.
- Bolivianita by Ibrahim Ferrer. I think this is his prettiest song. You might remember him from the Buena Vista Social Club. He rocks a red suit, no?
- The Luckiest by Ben Folds. I consider myself pretty damn lucky these days.