11/11/2006

Bean Bag Chairs...

I don't know who this is, but she sure looks happy. Almost TOO happy. And why not? She's sitting in a bean bag chair! Who wouldn't be happy?

My family had a bean bag chair. My mom made it. It was black courderoy. It was ultra-comfy. My brother, sister, and I would fight over who got to sit in it. It was also super-close to the TV, perfect for young, growing eyes.

One of these bad boys combined with a hand-knit Afghan (the blanket, not the people) was the epitome of comfort. Of course, that comfort was ruined when my brother and I were rough-housing and one of us tackled the other on top of it, exploding it and releasing millions of little styrofoam beads into the atmosphere.

Life at our house was never quite the same. We never got another bean bag chair. I can't be sure, but this is probably why my parents eventually got divorced several years later. You see, they always tell kids of divorced parents that it isn't their fault, but let's face it, most of the time it is.

9 comments:

Teri said...

the boob lady is funny!

I agree, it was your fault.

why are bean bag chairs so hard to get OUT of?

Anonymous said...

my beanbag was vinyl, and got all hot because I sat next to the fireplace.

And, my dad made it very clear that it was all my fault they were getting a divorce. I was like 26, but still...

Valerie said...

http://munzlife.blogspot.com/

Be like Grant...write a post about what I wrote in your yearbook and I'll write an entry all about you.

Jen said...

we have a bean bag
the cat loves it

and Yeah..
it was all your fault...

Anonymous said...

Huh.
I always thought they were full of beans.

RandyLuvsPaiste said...

I kept TRYING to get my parents to split up, but they never did.
They were too comfortable being miserable together.

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to convince my department chair for YEARS to get rid of all my students' desks and replace them with beanbag chairs. I think I'm close. . .

Some Guy said...

Boob Lady- We actually had to move because of the static-laden bastards.
Teri- Why would you want to get out of a bean bag chair?
Amy- Did he say why?
Bunso- You NEVER signed my yearbook. What, was I not COOL enough for you!? The pain is still very real...
Jen- I know it is...
B.O.- Agreed, fellow dirty old man...
Randy- Then you weren't trying hard enough.
Megan- I want you to be the next Secretary of Education! That makes WAY more sense than NCLB.

Cup said...

Damn you, Some Guy! I was hoping for a photo of you on the (very cool) handmade bean bag chair with a (real, not knit) Afghan sprawled across you.