10/03/2007

Hey, You Guys Have Good Taste In Music...

When it comes to documentary films, if I see something I really like (in this case, Okie Noodling) I'll try to watch all the other films the director has made. Bradley Beesley made a film called "The Fearless Freaks" about the band The Flaming Lips, a band that I'd obviously heard of but knew very little about. They'd always been on my list of bands to check out, but I just never got around to it. I think I'd probably like them, based on what I saw in the movie which, by the way, was really well done. So, if any of you are fans, where should I start with them album-wise?

5 comments:

Splotchy said...

Transmissions From The Satellite Heart (It's got the catchy single "She Don't Use Jelly")

The Soft Bulletin

Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots

vikkitikkitavi said...

I think definitely "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots." It will charm the pants off you.

Clare said...

Another vote for "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots." You can't go wrong with pretty songs about superhero chicks defeating evil robots.

Joe said...

I just wanted to say thank you for the Okie Noodling tip. We just saw it a couple of nights ago, and LOVED IT. I am in awe of noodling now. I was heartened to see that noodling is also legal in such forward-thinking states as Louisiana, Tennessee and Mississippi.

Seriously, noodling is the most bad-ass sport ever.

Some Guy said...

Thanks all!

Bubs- Glad you liked it! Let's go try it sometime!