4/17/2007

Wheels...

Well, I finally did it. I got a new car. Actually, a used car. Well, a used truck. The last time I did this was over ten years ago. You can see it in the picture. Don't worry. It's an old picture. There's not that much snow anymore.

I have to tell you, there's all sorts of cool new features on cars these days. For example, there are these buttons that allow me to lock and unlock the car (both doors!) with a single touch. These other buttons open and close the windows electronically - no cranks! And, get this, there's this series of buttons that allow me to set and maintain my speed without having to touch the gas pedal! Amazing! I was fiddling with some of the other knobs and was shocked to discover cooled air blowing on me at one point. That is going to be a nice thing to have during the summer months.

Hats off to my old truck. It was a '93 Ranger. I bought it in '97 with 45,000 miles. Since then, I've put 200,000 more miles on it without any major repairs. Anyone want it? I'm practically giving it away.

9 comments:

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

It's amazing what technological advances are made in ten years! Pretty soon we'll have jet packs, I'm sure. ::fingers crossed::

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Congratulations!

SkylersDad said...

You bring up a good point Flannery, I remember Popular Science promising me jet pack commutes a number of years ago. And here I am still driving!

I hate being lied too...

don'tneedtoknow said...

Electronic windows are the best!

Anonymous said...

Nice truck, Chris! Congrats!

GETkristiLOVE said...

Yeah, but with all those new fancy buttons on it, I better it's harder to break into too (when you lock your fancy keys inside).

The Boob Lady said...

How practically? Like for free? I'll take it. Carl needs to GO!!

bubbles said...

Oh, if only you lived here! I want an old truck sooooo much, and I can only have one if it is practically given away!!

Oh well.

Enjoy the new wheels. Is it a fully loaded Monza, by chance??? I noticed you were doing some research.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Chris ... my current car was the 1st for me with power windows/locks/cruise control, etc. Be careful about locking your keys inside - I did that once and the helpful Elmhurst police dept. had to intervene.