11/30/2006

I'm Still Alive...

Just checking in. I'm sitting in a train depot in Mystic, CT, a cute little seaport (I believe where they filmed Mystic Pizza starring a young horse-faced Julia Roberts and Annabeth Gish). I'll wait until I get back to give all the nitty-gritty about my journey. Just a little correction. I did not hate TCBY as much as Frank. He's right about the lines of people, though. I believe at the time, it was the busiest TCBY in the country. I agree that Dick's was the BEST part-time job a guy could have. In fact, I kept the job even after I had found a real job in architecture because it was fun and an easy way to make some extra cash on weeknights. The shittiest job I shared with Frank was at Brookstone, the popular gadget store. He got me in there, then got the hell out when the management shifted towards a hard-sell approach. I was not as smart. Let's face it, Brookstone is a store men come in to kill time while their wives are at Nieman Marcus. It does not lend itself to the hard sell. I hate fucking retail and my heart goes out to those that do it day in, day out. I'll talk more soon. Sorry no picture...

5 comments:

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Maybe I'm projecting, here, but you seem world-weary. Are you ready to be home?

Anonymous said...

YOU RUINED CHRISTMAS!!!

*Sob*

Moderator said...

I worked at Brookstone for three months. I think, if I remember correctly, our tenure there, overlapped very briefly. It was a crappy job.

lulu said...

I was in Mystic Ct the summer before this past one. It's very pretty, isn't it?

We want to hear ALL about your trip when you get back. ;-)

Valerie said...

Aren't you back yet? Did the snow keep you away?