God, what a stupid title for this post. It's really dumb. Fuck it, though. Too late to change it now.
I got tagged by one of my favorite new (well, new to me) bloggers, Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein (M.D.?). Some of this stuff may be old news to my older readers, but I'll try to make it fresh. It's all about fours...
Four jobs I've had or currently have in my life:
- In college I had a cushy job as the guy who stocked vending machines around campus. I had a big cargo van in which to tool around, minimal supervision, and access to storerooms full of candy, pop, chips, and even sandwiches (decent ones, considering they were out of a vending machine).
- I worked for an architecture firm in Skokie (Chicago suburb) before I moved up here where I did nothing but plans for Hollywood Video stores. The work was the opposite of inspiring, but the people were a lot of fun.
- Cashier at Dick's Phillips 66 in Elmhurst. I know a lot of you read this story, but for my new readers, check THIS out.
- I worked as a bike tour leader for (the now defunct) Michigan Bicycle Touring. I'd co-lead weekend bike trips and got to stay in fancy places and eat fancy food. There were always a few whiners, but overall it was a great job. They paid me, but they wouldn't have had to.
- Costa Rica
- South Africa
- The back bowls of Vail, sun shining, with lots of new snow.
- On a whitewashed patio on a Greek Isle overlooking the blue, blue waters of the Aegean, chewing on a big ol' pork chop.
- At a documentary film festival that plays all my favorites, then has the filmmakers available afterwards for questions.
- On a kayak in Antarctica, paddling around icebergs and penguin-watching.
- Do I really need to say it?
- Megan's chocolate chunk/peanut butter/oatmeal cookies.
- Megan's beer-battered fried cheese (or really anything beer-battered and fried).
- Megan's crab cakes.
- Gandhi. I'm sure I've said this before.
- Martin Luther (the) King, Jr. See a pattern?
- My mom.
- The person who will come out and give airtight evidence as to the treachery and deceit of the current administration which leads to each of their incarcerations.
- The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy (I figured it was about time).
- Lamb, by Christopher Moore
- Manual OF Steel Construction, Eighth Ed.
- Simplified Engineering For Architects And Builders, by Harry Parker and James Ambrose