2/14/2008

An Open Letter To Sammy Hagar...

Dear Sammy,

Dude, you can TOTALLY drive 55 miles per hour, sometimes faster, provided you are driving on a road with a posted speed limit of 55 MPH or higher. I know for a fact that, here in Michigan, there are stretches of highway where the speed limit is as high as 70 MPH! I just thought you should know because you seem to be under the impression that you cannot drive 55.

I suppose, theoretically, you can drive as fast as you want, or at least as fast as your car will carry you. The problem with that is that you might get a ticket or endanger yourself or others. Whatever you decide to do, BE CAREFUL!

Your pal,
Some Guy

12 comments:

Falwless said...

I just wanted to let you know that your YouTube video titled "Ribs" moved me deeply. Though the beginning sort of dragged a little, once the second rib was onscreen it just got better and better. I suppose the only way I can put into words the effect it had on me is to say that I was (and still am) left questioning what I've always been taught about truth and meaning and courage. Anyway, just wanted to thank you. Incredible video.

Some Guy said...

Falwless: I'm glad you picked up on the hidden nuance and symbolism in that video. You're right, the second rib is a real turning point.

Frank Sirmarco said...

Great stuff, Chris!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

There is nothing sadder than a 50 year old teenager.

Cap'n Ergo "XL+II" Jinglebollocks said...

thank you, it's about damned time someone said something!!

Anonymous said...

A few years ago at some red carpet event:

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog “Hey Sammy, can you still not drive 55”, Hammy Sagar “No I can’t”, Triumph “Really, even though you’re 65?”

MC said...

See, Sammy's problem is, he can't afford a car that will go 55.

Cup said...

When he's in my 'hood, I encourage him to drive faster than 55. Don't want the Sammy hanging around.

Moderator said...

That's very thoughtful of you.

GETkristiLOVE said...

Spooney- I thought you were going to tell Vikki's Sammy Hagar joke she pulled on you. She's so proud of that joke.

lulu said...

I waited on him once at Starbucks. He wrote a check for a coffee maker and I asked him for his license; he was driving on a ticket. No joke.

Tenacious S said...

I think there may be a mental health issue underlying this belief and his behavior.