2/28/2007

To Russia, With Love...

Hey, Comrades! What gives? I've noticed that, according to that Clustrmap thing I installed, no one from your country has checked out my blog yet.

Is it because I haven't done enough posts about Borscht or Matryoshka Dolls? If so, I apologize. I'll try to do better.

Is it because my president refers to your leader as "Pootie-poot"? What can I say? He's a jackass.

Maybe it's because Yakov Smirnoff chose Branson, Missouri over the bright lights of Moscow. Hey, I understand. I'd be bitter, too.

The most likely explanation is that you're too busy watching reruns of "Worker & Parasite".

Whatever the reason, I hope you stop by. I promise, no bread lines!

7 comments:

Frank Sirmarco said...

If Ronald Reagan taught us anything, it's that the Russians still use Commodore 64 computers, and don't have access to phone lines to run their external modems.

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

In Russia, you don't read blog...blog reads you!

vikkitikkitavi said...

Alright, I was going to say something snarky about Russia getting the better end of the Yakov deal, but now I'm laughing too hard at Flannery's comment.

gennifer6 said...

Anyone in Russia with a computer is too busy tracking down or selling off old nukes to worry about reading your blog...

Some Guy said...

Frank- I thought they used Timex Sinclairs.

Flann- A girl after my own heart!

Vikki- So was I.

Genn6- Well, they need to MAKE time, dammit! Maybe a little time in the gulag will straighten 'em out!

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem on my blog, Chris.

I also wonder whats up with the Middle East and most of Africa.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone out there really think Yakov Smirnoff was funny?? I didn't. At ALL.