12/13/2009

Ski Report '09: Week One...

We have gotten quite a bit of snow around here over the last week, but that doesn't always translate into a good opening weekend. Not all the runs are groomed, much of the staff is still getting the hang of things, and one's ski legs can be a little rusty. That said, this was a pretty decent weekend. Saturday was absolutely beautiful - 30s and blue skies all day without a single injury. I couldn't have asked for a better first day. Today was overcast which made changes in terrain very hard to see. We had one accident - a knee. I didn't do any first aid, but I did take the patient down the hill in the toboggan. I also finished a bitch of a crossword puzzle while I was in the patrol room. I think this ski season is off to a good start!

For those of you new to this blog, I like to highlight the song that was playing during what I felt was my best run of the weekend. This time it was "Holland, 1945" by Neutral Milk Hotel. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I have never skiied. And it's probably for the good of humanity that I have never skiied. As I probably would have done a Sonny Bono. So I am full of admiration at your ski prowess.

God and I intend skidooing our asses off after the holidays out in the rural wilds of Saskatchewan. Yeah baby! Nothing like motoring along in minus forty degree hell and falling off in a snow bank.

SkylersDad said...

Is this a late opening for you guys or about normal?

Some Guy said...

VA- I want to see pictures of the two of you in your day-glo snowmobile suits.

S.D.- They try to open Thanksgiving weekend if they can, but November was pretty mild. This is about average for us and early compared to many Michigan areas.