6/27/2009

I Was Wondering If There Was A George Carlin Documentary In The Works...

As I've said many times on this blog, George Carlin was a personal hero to me. If someone were to ask me the classic question if I could invite anyone to dinner - living or dead - who would it be, he would be one of my first choices. I still love it when one of his tracks pops up in an iTunes shuffle, even though I've heard it a million times. He is another person I could listen to for hours. I did a Google search to see if there was any sort of documentary about his life being made. One of the first things to come up was this lengthy interview he gave the Archive of American Television in 2007. It is in seven parts and basically covers his life from start to finish. A lot it contains stuff he talked about in his act, but there was a lot of stuff that was new to me. I know not many of you will watch the entire thing (it's a little over 3 hours), but if you're a die-hard fan like me, you will love it. I am posting it in its entirety:






10 comments:

God said...

Wait, George Carlin's dead too?

Gad, who's next? Ronald Reagan????

----

Speaking of documentaries, we watched King of Kong last night again (it's been a few months). I recommend watching it again if you haven't lately - still frikking awesome!

Also watched last night: Air Guitar Nation. Good (funny, lighthearted) documentary too, but I bet you've already watched it. Check it out!

Some Guy said...

God: I love King Of Kong! It's one of the few movies I have on my iPod. I think I did a post about it when I saw it. Air Guitar Nation was quite good as well.

will said...

I totally agree with you about Carlin. I just watched the first segment and will return for the rest but his description of his origin and career plans was fascinating.

Thanks for posting this.

Fancy Schmancy said...

Thank you for posting this. I've never seen it before, but it is amazing! I love George Carlin! I'm going to have to burn this for my father, who basically is George Carlin, except less famous.

SkylersDad said...

This is great stuff and I will bookmark it to listen to while at work!

bubbles said...

I'll be back.... I loved the guy.

bubbles said...

Oh, maybe you should work on the documentary, Some Guy!

Distributorcap said...

no doubt - he was the best. i saw him several times and each time was better than the last

MJenks said...

You'd think Kevin Smith would do something for Carlin, since Carlin was the only thing that made his movies post-Dogma tolerable.

But then, without Carlin actually in it, I'm sure it'd suck. So, maybe it's better if Chunky Monkey keeps his buttery fingers out of a Carlin doc.

guido said...

just watched the first part with an earpiece to my wife snoring next to me. part two tomorrow, thanks Someguy.