7/03/2008

Nerd Cred...

OK, I admit I have a book in which I am collecting the 50 state quarters, actually double that because the book I have has slots for both mints, Denver and Philadelphia. I've been pretty lax about paying attention to what I need and what I have. I just went through the change jar and separated the ones I needed from the ones I already have. So, if by chance there are visitors to this site who are fellow nerdliks that do this, I am going to publish what I have and what I still need in case anyone wants to exchange:
(The annoying thing is that the book I have has them in order chronologically rather than alphabetically. Bear with me.)
I need:
  • Pennsylvania D
  • New Jersey D
  • Georgia P AND D!
  • North Carolina D
  • Vermont P
  • Kentucky P
  • Tennessee D
  • Louisiana P
  • Indiana P
  • Mississippi PAND D!
  • Alabama P
  • Missouri P
  • Arkansas D
  • Michigan D
  • Florida D
  • Texas D
  • Iowa P
  • Wisconsin P
  • California P
  • Oregon D
  • West Virginia D
  • Nevada P
  • Nebraska D
  • Colorado D
  • North Dakota D
  • Montana D
  • Idaho D
  • Utah P AND D!
  • Oklahoma D
  • New Mexico D
  • Arizona P AND D!
  • Alaska P AND D!
  • Hawaii P AND D!
What I have to offer:
  • Idaho P
  • Maryland D
  • Nebraska P (2!)
  • New Mexico P
  • New York D (2!)
  • Ohio P
  • Oklahoma P
  • South Carolina P
  • Vermont D (2!)
  • Washington P
  • Wyoming P
As you can see, I have a lot of holes. I am also willing to exchange non-state quarters for those who have duplicates.

7 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

You'll get my quarters when you pry them from my cold dead hand.

Distributorcap said...

i have been buying them from the mint as proof sets since 1999...

so i have them all

some of them are rarer than other from what i understand

also i think they are adding guam and other territories

Writeprocrastinator said...

What's odd is that I looked at the post for almost ten seconds and wondered why there wasn't an "S" following any of the states, then I remember that San Francisco hasn't minted coins since '74. Sleep, it's a beautiful thing and I plan I get some one day.

Anonymous said...

Vikki & I spent a whole afternoon filling in two separate books - one for each mint. We're wicked dorks!

Teri said...

wow, you're collecting both the Philly and Denver mint quarters? cudos!

vikkitikkitavi said...

Being on the west coast, it is really hard to find the Ps. I should get organized and coordinate my list with yours.

GETkristiLOVE said...

You have a lot of holes? Sounds painful, sorry.