8/16/2006

Separated At Birth...

A lot of you have probably seen "The 40 Year Old Virgin". It's very good and, surprisingly, has a lot of heart. Apart from the fact that I'm not yet 40 and not a virgin, I couldn't help noticing how many things I have in common with Andy Stitzer, Steve Carell's character:
  1. My wardrobe largely consists of multicolored polo shirts. Like Andy, I favor the solid ones, but also own a few striped ones like in the picture above.
  2. I flat-out suck at meeting women.
  3. I look at the Q-Tip after cleaning out my ears to see how much wax was in there.
  4. I have a hobby that involves painstaking attention to detail. His was painting figurines. Mine is carving and painting fish.
  5. I watch Survivor (christ, how embarrassing).
  6. I get super nervous calling women. A lot of times I'll dial six of the numbers, but hesitate on the seventh until I decide I should wait until later.
  7. I live alone.
  8. I can remember being in situations with a bunch of guys and feeling awkward when the topic turned to sex. Just to clarify, not once did I think that a breast felt like a bag of sand.
  9. I often wake up with an erection which can create problems when it comes to urinating.
  10. I've been puked on while driving in a car. Granted, I puked on myself, but I can still relate to the feeling.

3 comments:

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Ain't nothing wrong with watching Survivor. Own it!

In fact, I credit Lex (Africa and All-Stars) with saving me from an identity crisis when I was pregnant with my first child.

vikkitikkitavi said...

Hey those carved fish are pretty cool. And you look super cute & adorable working on them, and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise!

dirty said...

This movie was simply classic...there is nothing wrong with you though.

You said it vikkitikkitavi about the fish...that's a talent!