Luckily it didn't come to this.
Basically, I came in Monday and turned on the computer. I got some cryptic error message that turned out to be something about a corrupted registry. Our computer whiz couldn't come until Tuesday, so Monday was lost.
Bored yet? Just wait.
Tuesday he spent the better part of the day trying to fix the glitch. I was mainly concerned with the vast amounts of data I could potentially lose. While I do back things up, I was dreading the idea of tracking down the CAD files for all the homes we've done. I also get extremely uncomfortable when someone is sitting at MY desk working at MY computer while I sit like a dope watching. Finally he was able to get Windows working and I saw all my stuff was safe and sound. There are all these little issues that keep popping up, but nothing too terrible. The biggest thing was getting our 3D modelling program - the one we do all of our work on - to work again. Right before lunch today we stumbled upon the solution. It's amazing the unease and vulnerability you feel when your computer is sick. I've had headaches and backaches and ass-aches the whole time.
- I'm sorry I haven't been commenting as much on your blogs. I also missed a whole bunch of shit that's been happening besides O'Reilly's birthday. I didn't see any of the Petraeus debacle, but that's probably for the best. I'm sure it was just what I would have expected. At least I did get to see the Britney travesty. Thank god we have people like her around to make us feel superior and to take our minds off the fact that our current government is shit.
- You know what I'd like in a president? I want someone that can at least envision a peaceful world. I know it's not going to happen anytime soon, but it'd be nice to have a leader that understands that war is never going to bring an end to war. I really don't think most of the candidates can imagine a world free of war, with the possible exception of Kucinich. To me, that should always be the ultimate goal.
- As you may have seen on Megan's blog, we captured the mouse and set him free. Little bastard.
- You know how they have those lists of "the best shows nobody's watching"? I'm curious to know the best blogs I'm not reading. I read all the ones in my links, but would like to know others that y'all recommend.
- Fuckin' Michael Medved. What a nuisance.
-Did I happen to mention what a fuckin' turdburger the fuckin' computer situation has been?
-Just a little early heads up. Flannery and Doc are coming to Chicago over the weekend of Oct. 13th. I'd love to have a little (or big) get-together for whoever wants to, but would like other people to suggest places since I've sorta picked the last two times. The best kind of place would be one that could accomodate a big, noisy group. Any input is encouraged.
-Edited: Apparently, Flannery and Doc are not coming as promised. I'd still be up for a gathering if people want to. Let's discuss...