Yes, for the very first time in my life I am having my house professionally cleaned. I'm not sure what to expect, since I called some random outfit out of the phone book. You see, I'm having a special houseguest this coming weekend and I need everything ship-shape. A few things will determine just how thorough the cleaning was. They include:
- The absence of any and all stray kitty-litter granules. I'd be overjoyed if the cat hair was completely purged, but I'm not holding my breath.
- No signs of dried toothpaste spittle on my medicine cabinet. I'm like a damn jackhammer when I brush.
- The rotating plate in my microwave is gunk-free.
- The crumb tray in the toaster is empty. Bonus points if it's been polished.
- The water stains on the acoustical-tile ceiling (from the previous owner) have been bleached away. This one is beyond a long shot.
- The dust rags in my linen closet have been dusted.
- The water in my seven-foot bong has been changed.