...since I've been tagged. Now I have two. Here's the first, via Gizmorox:
TO DO: List 5 things you do, did or like that some may consider “totally lame,” but that you are totally proud of. Tag 5 others:
- First, one from the past. In high school, I competed in the Illinois State Drafting Competition. Yes, such a thing existed. This was back before computers fully seized control of the drafting biz. I was a finalist at my regional competition and got to go to the state finals at U of I in Champaign. Another kid and I made it from my high school in different divisions (I was in the mechanical drawing category). Despite having all the state-of-the-art drafting equipment - technical pencils, compasses, an electric eraser - I didn't win. I thought I did pretty well, but got marked down for using a lettering template, something that was never mentioned in the rules. Fucking bullshit.
- I wear the same kinds of clothes I wore when I was in third grade. Well, the clothes are a little bigger, but they're the same. I wear solid polo shirts, flannel shirts, Levi's (505s), and khaki shorts. I'm all about comfort.
- As I probably mentioned before, I was a huge Mr. Rogers fan, and I believe most people consider him extremely lame. Not me.
- I went trick-or-treating when I was a senior in high school. You think that's lame, but it was hilariously fun and I got tons of candy.
- I listen to my one Enya CD every now and then. I should be ashamed, but I'm not.