7/28/2009

More Singing In The Car...

I'm a fan of foreign music. I don't think you necessarily need to understand a song's lyrics to enjoy it. I have tons of Spanish-language music as well as Italian, French, Portuguese, and even Zulu. There's this one foreign-language band I listen to, but I have yet to figure out what language they're singing in. The lyrics are sort of a hybrid of English and something else (Turkish?). The song is called "Yellow Ledbetter". I sped up the guitar solo to save you some time.



Edited to add: My apologies to all the Pearl Jam fans out there (Beckeye) for butchering the hell out of this song, but come on, you have to admit some of the lyrics are hard to understand. I actually like the song. I think it's catchy.

*Edited to add- Don't worry, I found the actual lyrics:

16 comments:

Spooney said...

I do the same exact thing when I hear Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice in Chains, Creed or any of those bands with that “low-end, sounds like they have a pile of shit in their mouth” vocal style.

Spooney said...

Ok, I have to admit I do like a couple PJ songs. I just hated that vocal style that became so prominent in the 90s.

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha!!! You do KNOW drinking and driving is illegal right? Also there was a fine moment right before you started singing real words when you looked like you might have pooped your pants. I also like the fact you really got into it in the middle with a yelp that frightened my whole building. But what a touching, emotional ending. Amazing.

Jon said...

Taasewhe asefvremmd.

(That's Pearl Jam for "That was awesome.")

SkylersDad said...

I believe it is only a matter of time until you cave in like all the other big names and put out an album of Christmas Classics.

Fancy Schmancy said...

That was pure awesome gold, right there. I have never figured out the lyrics to that song, ever. But you hit every note!

Pyzahn said...

This is why I put you on my BloogerCon agenda as a presenter.

Anonymous said...

You are so funny. And this time, I'm laughing with you!

God said...

Oh man, this is a whole bucket of awesomeness, every single last bit of it!!!

I was losing it here - and the lovely lass on the other side of the room said, "You're watching Chris's video?" without even looking. She knew. She knew.

Cora said...

The only Pearl Jam song I ever understood was Jeremy. The rest of 'em.... huh?....

Jennifer and Sandi said...

HUGE Pearl Jam fan. You did a fine job!

"Freezin', rests his head on a pillow made of concrete, again"

Off to play the "Ten" CD!

You Rock!
- Jennifer

joe said...

The only foreign music I've heard lately is in French (I'm about 4 miles from Canada). There's something not quite right hearing hard rock in french..

joe said...

Correction: 40 miles. Not 4..

BeckEye said...

I don't know what you're talking about. I know every word and grunt.

Cormac Brown said...

Unlike most of Weird Al's songs, that was hilarious!

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful, and also made me a little scared of you.