7/31/2009

Documentary Film Of The Day: 45365...

I really liked this one. I read about it over on a documentary blog I follow. It's a movie about a small town called Sidney, OH (zip code 45365). It's full of great little moments and is shot beautifully. The way the scenes are edited is very well done. I highly recommend it. You can actually watch the film online through August 6 if you can stand the annoying ads every so often. If not, add it to Netflix. It's not out on DVD yet, but you can save it.

4 comments:

SkylersDad said...

You always find the coolest stuff Chris, I will check it out.

Doc said...

I'm from 43055 so I know most of these people, or at least their kind. I have never seen a truer representation of the population of Ohio than this. To a certain degree, I have a small sliver of pride, much like seeing your ex on America's Most Wanted. I am also saddled with more than a little bit of shame because I know I dated her.

It's accuracy is frightening, right down to the midnight train to Chicago that passed by the trailer court down the road.

I laughed, I cried, and I knew I wasn't alone. Thanks for giving me a trip home without ever having to leave my chair.

Doc

Some Guy said...

Glad you liked it, Doc. I was thinking of my Ohio friends as I watched it. Actually, there was plenty I could relate to even though I grew up in a Chicago suburb. I really liked the randomness and lack of a central character. I like it when filmmakers break rules and try something new.

westchesterdead said...

I'm late to this party. I added it to our Netflix cue. It reminds me of a documentary called Searching For The Wrong Eyed Jesus, which is a tour through the deep south - a really beautiful, yet horrifying film. I have hopes that this one is as good.