3/09/2009

Ski Report, Week 7...

This weekend was another mix of good and bad. Saturday I was on night duty. It was in the forties and by the end of the day it was like skiing through a Slurpee. I worked on a suspected shoulder dislocation that was so bad we decided to call for an ambulance. Other than that, it was quiet. Sunday was near perfect. The snow had a chance to firm up overnight, so by mid-morning the sun and warm temps softened it to an ideal consistency. No accidents. No crowds. Sun and warmth. I got a lot of runs in.

Once you get to this time of the year up here and you get a string of 40 degree days you start to see the light at the end of the tunnel. All the remaining snow on my roof and driveway had melted and patches of grass had begun to peek through. That's usually when that evil whore Mama Nature rips the rug out from under you like she did last night when she decided we hadn't quite had enough and dumped about ten inches of new snow on us in a very short period of time. Bitch.

Anyway, the run of the week was accompanied by the song "Henehene Kou'Aka" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (an artist Vikki had turned me on to). Enjoy!



7 comments:

SkylersDad said...

Have you heard Irael's version of Over the rainbow/What a wonderful world? Wow, just wow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D68ymfjpw98

SkylersDad said...

Sorry Chris, wrong url, try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0xoMhCT-7A

Joe said...

I think it's really cool that you are able to work skiing, bitching about the weather and Hawaiian music into the same post.

Candy's daily Dandy said...

I thought die hard skiers loved a fresh coating of 10 inches???

Distributorcap said...

i hope you didnt ski over any moguls

GETkristiLOVE said...

Pow-pow, as we say in Colorado, is the perfect consistency.

vikkitikkitavi said...

Chris, I'm glad you like IK! And not just for his now-ubiquitous Rainbow/World cover.

I am a mighty hater of about 99% of world music, but I freakin love IK. He makes me happy when I listen to him.