10/26/2009

Another Video With Two Favorites...



After finding the Louis Armstrong/Johnny Cash video, I am now on the lookout for live performances that combine two or more musicians that I consider legends. This is from a 1974 T.V. show on the CBC starring Canadian jazz pianist Oscar Peterson and the great Ray Charles. Peterson is one of my all-time favorite pianists and Ray Charles is an icon. The sound and picture aren't great, but it's still worth it. I figure most of you know Ray Charles music, but if you aren't familiar with Oscar Peterson, here's a short sample of what he's capable of:

6 comments:

mikeb302000 said...

Wonderful music videos. I flipped back to that Johnny Cash and Louis Armstrong too.

Fantastic stuff.

SkylersDad said...

Another great find, that was awesome!

Jay Ferris said...

Holy shit; consider my mind officially blown after that second one.

Dr Zibbs said...

Nice find.

Dr. Zaius said...

That's great!

joe said...

Johnny Cash was the king of Country. There, I said it.