10/26/2009

Another Video With Two Favorites...



After finding the Louis Armstrong/Johnny Cash video, I am now on the lookout for live performances that combine two or more musicians that I consider legends. This is from a 1974 T.V. show on the CBC starring Canadian jazz pianist Oscar Peterson and the great Ray Charles. Peterson is one of my all-time favorite pianists and Ray Charles is an icon. The sound and picture aren't great, but it's still worth it. I figure most of you know Ray Charles music, but if you aren't familiar with Oscar Peterson, here's a short sample of what he's capable of:

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful music videos. I flipped back to that Johnny Cash and Louis Armstrong too.

Fantastic stuff.

SkylersDad said...

Another great find, that was awesome!

Dr Zibbs said...

Nice find.

Dr. Zaius said...

That's great!

joe said...

Johnny Cash was the king of Country. There, I said it.