10/10/2009

Documentary Film Of The Day: Anvil: The Story Of Anvil...

This film ranks up there with some of the great rockumentaries I've seen. It is the story of the heavy metal group Anvil - a band that influenced metal heavyweights like Metallica and Anthrax - yet suffered through relative obscurity for the last 30 years. The movie follows the struggle of the original members to find the success they thought they had earned. It is funny and optimistic at times and heartbreaking at others. In case you're having doubts about Netflixing this one, you don't need to know Anvil's music to appreciate the story. Check it out!

8 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

Just read about this in USA Today. I need to see this.

Son of a Thomas said...

I just saw this on VH1. It's fantastic.

Red said...

I literally just finished watching this. So good.

GETkristiLOVE said...

K, thanks!

BeckEye said...

Yeah, I've been debating on whether or not to watch that since I don't know the first thing about Anvil. But I've been on a documentary kick lately, so I may have to slip this one in. I have Heavy Metal Parking Lot in my Netflix queue, so maybe this would be a good double feature.

Jon said...

I've been waiting for this to come on Netflix. Thanks for the reminder...

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

Saw this on the flight over to Hawaii the other month. Awesome film, heartbreaking and funny at the same time.

Micgar said...

I have to see this one! I have heard a lot about it!