5/22/2008

I'm Still Amazed By This Thing...

Over the past few days I have been doing something I've been putting off for a while. I'm putting all of my music onto my iPod. Every track off of every album. It is a tedious process. Up until now, I had thrown a few hundred of my favorite songs onto it to tide me over. However, after growing bored with hearing the same songs over and over and knowing I had more than enough space for all my music, I decided it was time. In the process, I have been rediscovering all this great music I own that I haven't listened to in ages. It's really been a lot of fun. I've also started setting up playlists. After getting about a quarter of my music loaded, the breakdown looks like this:
  • Rock- 1.5 days
  • Jazz- 1.3 days
  • Alternative & Punk- 23.5 hours
  • Blues- 13.3 hours
  • Folk- 5.7 hours
  • Country- 4.8 hours (I can't believe I have this much country music!)
  • World- 3 hours
It' be interesting to see what these numbers look like when I finish.

It still fascinates me how so much information can fit onto such a small piece of equipment. Until the day when I break it or lose it, it is truly one of the best gadgets I've ever had.

11 comments:

Falwless said...

Three hours of "World" music? Isn't that about three hours too much?

The [Cherry] Ride said...

As long as you're backing that shit up, man. Last year through a series of unfortunate mistakes I managed to lose all the music off my computer and then lose my iPod and had to start from scratch. Don't let that happen to you!

SkylersDad said...

This is the kiss of death Chris! Kind of like washing your car will make it rain, once all your music is on this device, it will fail.

(lowers voice)

All gadgets are in the same union you know...

Geo said...

4.8 hours of country? Are Convoy and Devil Went Down to Georgia 2.4 hours each?

Some Guy said...

Falwless- Thanks to my Northern European ancestry, I am a big fan of Latin Jazz.

Cherry- Sound advice. Thanks!

S.D.- I'm knocking on wood.

Geo- Most of it is Johnny Cash and some banjo music I own.

Mnmom said...

I still don't own one, how pathetic is THAT?

vikkitikkitavi said...

Three hours of world music is like, one song, I think.

Moderator said...

I put albums on my iPod I'm ashamed of even owning.

Cheer34 said...

I have a nano....only 87 songs on it....it gets used when I work out or ride my bike...that's about it...music isn't one of the things in life that I need to get me tghrought the day.....books on theother hand are all together different...I NEED them

Writeprocrastinator said...

We need to up those rock and jazz numbers.

Sans Pantaloons said...

I have been planning to do this for 10 years. I have converted about half my CD collection and about 1.2% of my vinyl to MP3. It probably won't happen. Oh well...