4/13/2009

Documentary Film Of The Day: Blindsight...

I'd like to thank Kristi for her recommendation of Blindsight, a documentary about a group of blind Tibetan teens who are inspired by the story of Erik Weihenmayer, the first blind person to sucessfully climb Mt. Everest. Erik and a team of experts travel to the Himalayas to help train 6 students at a school for the blind and guide them up Lhakpa Ri, a 23,000' peak right next to Everest. There is beautiful, inspiring footage of the climb, but what I found most interesting were the backstories of each of the teens and how the experience affected them. I'd Netflix this one if I were you.

You can do it HERE.

3 comments:

Coaster Punchman said...

Sounds great. Speaking of videos, have you stopped by Skyler's Dad today? He's got another good one.

Grant Miller said...

I'm all about Everest movies for some reason. I gotta see this.

GETkristiLOVE said...

Glad you took a look at this one!