4/13/2009

Documentary Film Of The Day: Blindsight...

I'd like to thank Kristi for her recommendation of Blindsight, a documentary about a group of blind Tibetan teens who are inspired by the story of Erik Weihenmayer, the first blind person to sucessfully climb Mt. Everest. Erik and a team of experts travel to the Himalayas to help train 6 students at a school for the blind and guide them up Lhakpa Ri, a 23,000' peak right next to Everest. There is beautiful, inspiring footage of the climb, but what I found most interesting were the backstories of each of the teens and how the experience affected them. I'd Netflix this one if I were you.

You can do it HERE.

3 comments:

Coaster Punchman said...

Sounds great. Speaking of videos, have you stopped by Skyler's Dad today? He's got another good one.

Moderator said...

I'm all about Everest movies for some reason. I gotta see this.

GETkristiLOVE said...

Glad you took a look at this one!