12/13/2009

Ski Report '09: Week One...

We have gotten quite a bit of snow around here over the last week, but that doesn't always translate into a good opening weekend. Not all the runs are groomed, much of the staff is still getting the hang of things, and one's ski legs can be a little rusty. That said, this was a pretty decent weekend. Saturday was absolutely beautiful - 30s and blue skies all day without a single injury. I couldn't have asked for a better first day. Today was overcast which made changes in terrain very hard to see. We had one accident - a knee. I didn't do any first aid, but I did take the patient down the hill in the toboggan. I also finished a bitch of a crossword puzzle while I was in the patrol room. I think this ski season is off to a good start!

For those of you new to this blog, I like to highlight the song that was playing during what I felt was my best run of the weekend. This time it was "Holland, 1945" by Neutral Milk Hotel. Enjoy!

4 comments:

The Vegetable Assassin said...

You know, I have never skiied. And it's probably for the good of humanity that I have never skiied. As I probably would have done a Sonny Bono. So I am full of admiration at your ski prowess.

God and I intend skidooing our asses off after the holidays out in the rural wilds of Saskatchewan. Yeah baby! Nothing like motoring along in minus forty degree hell and falling off in a snow bank.

SkylersDad said...

Is this a late opening for you guys or about normal?

Some Guy said...

VA- I want to see pictures of the two of you in your day-glo snowmobile suits.

S.D.- They try to open Thanksgiving weekend if they can, but November was pretty mild. This is about average for us and early compared to many Michigan areas.

Mark Martin said...

Hi there! I will be looking forward to visit your page again and for your other posts as well. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about ski report in your area. I am glad to stop by your site and know more about ski report. Keep it up! This is a good read. You have such an interesting and informative page.
We founded SkiReports.com in 2011 with the mission to inform avid skiers and snowboarders of what's happening on the mountain. Information including weather, snow reports, and user-feedback from mountain helps us evaluate where we head to once we load up our ski racks. Through a simple interface, we can deliver information in a kick-ass format that is easy to understand and evaluate.

Ski Report Tahoe